Gilbert Scott Associates Ltd treats the privacy of its clients, candidates and website users very seriously and we take appropriate security measurements to safeguard this privacy. We use technology and office procedures to do this. We also make sure that when we ask any other organisation to provide us with a service where they too have the appropriate security measures in place.
In line with the amendments to the GDPR, in force from 25 May 2018, we have prepared this Privacy Statement to set out our role and commitment to you as a Controller and Processor of your personal data.
- We are Gilbert Scott Associates Ltd (GSA) registered office address 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London. We are an IT Recruitment Consultancy with an office in Oxfordshire.
- Our nominated Data Protection Office is Catherine O’Driscoll.
- GSA is an IT recruitment agency and recruitment business as defined in the Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations 2003. In order for us to undertake this business we collect personal data from:-
- Prospective and placed candidates for permanent or temporary roles
- Prospective and live clients
- Supplier contacts to support our services
- Consultants and temporary workers
- GSA collects personal data when you register as a candidate with us; when you use our website; when you request details of a job to be emailed to you; when we access your information that is available in the public domain for example through the Linked In; Twitter or a corporate website.
- GSA’s lawful basis for the processing of this personal data is its legitimate interests. As a recruitment business we introduce candidates to clients for permanent employment, temporary worker placements or independent professional contracts. The exchange of personal data of our candidates and our client contacts is a fundamental and essential part of this process. For us to support our candidate’s career aspirations and our clients resourcing needs GSA requires a database. For this database to remain relevant and, therefore, useful in meeting the needs and expectations of our clients and candidates it needs to contain both past and present information.
- Your personal data will not be passed on to any third party without your express consent which we will seek via email, letter or telephone. We will retain your personal data until you tell us to delete it. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
- If you would like a copy of the personal information we hold; to make an amendment to the personal information we hold; have any questions about how we may use it; to make a request that we delete your personal information or to make a complaint please contact the Data Protection Adviser at the address given above or email to email@example.com
- The Data Protection Adviser will respond to your complaint within 28 days.
- If you are not satisfied with the way in which a complaint has been handled then you may refer your complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Their address is Head Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.